Skip to main content

Tragic

michel jackson Pictures, Images and Photos

I woke up to the news that Michel Jackson died. He was an extreme. Extremely talented, and extremely tragic. I think they made him a freak,,,a sad creature in a world wide side show. Fame is a dangerous thing. His level of fame is toxic. I'm sure most people will remember his music. I remember watching him live doing the moonwalk for the very first time. We all tried to copy him. He was brilliant. I loved his music. But the only word I could use to describe him is tragic. It's sad that someone who had so much could be so broken. There are very few famous people who are happy. It makes you wonder why anyone would want to be famous? It never seemed like he loved himself. He was always trying to change who he was. I guess self love and acceptance is part of what brings peace. That is true for the famous and un-famous. Jesus said we should love our neighbor as ourselves. There are two parts to that golden rule.

To change the subject….we are not sure if we can send Philip to the Waldorf school. We just couldn’t find peace with the strange spiritual input the school has. I feel pretty distressed about where or what we should do for Philip. For now he needs to remain where he is at. There is no other choice. We are pursuing speech therapy and occupational therapy, play therapy and
Nero feedback. We can not do everything at once. We need wisdom. He is doing better in his school, but the social influence is not good. They also do very little to teach him. It makes me sad not to have a good choice for him. I will keep looking. I just know that I do not like to expose Philip to this wrong spiritual environment. They are in many ways a good school for Philip. The style of learning is positive and encouraging. I wish it was Christian but it's very "new age". Most of the parents are well educated and caring. Most of the kids he goes to school with now are in crises. They are all single mom families, and there is much domestic violence. The kids bring this stress to school and it has an awful effect on Philip. Last night Juergen and I decided to not send Philip to Waldorf school, but today we are having 2nd thoughts. It is very good in so many ways, perhaps it is what is best?

Comments

Perhaps you could ask to spend some time at the school to better evaluate it based on first hand observation. Whatever you decide, you need to have a degree of peace about it.

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what