Skip to main content

An ounce of prevention

We are back from our wonderful vacation. I was so tired before the trip. My mind was tired and my emotions too. I was so dry. I needed that trip. I needed that rest. It was healthy for all of us. It was a good investment in our well being. I am wondering if we need Thailand. What was I thinking when I got those tickets to Thailand in August? Why Thailand? Why now? I'm sure we would do fine if we didn't travel to Thailand. But I was thinking about our sons. They are both pre teens. I've read Internationally adopted boys have problems when they are teenagers. They have trouble trying to figure out who they are. I guess I was thinking it would be good for them to take another trip home. I want to go to their orphanage in Bangkok. I want them to blow bubbles for the kids, give them candy, and bring gifts to the nannies. I think its important for them to give back to the people who cared for them when they were little. I also want our family to have some new and fresh memories of days spent on the beaches in Hua Hin. I want Thailand to be fresh and good in their minds. I want to help them build a bridge from their past into their future. We are already talking about sending them to America to visit Uncle Rickey next summer. They are Thai, German and American. They are wonderfully complex and I think it's important for them to feel comfortable with all that they are. I guess it's just an ounce of prevention so that they don't have to have a strong identity crisis. It may seem odd we are already planning another vacation, but I felt like we needed to do this for the boys. Everyone should go home from time to time. I'll need to take Sarah to China too...in a few years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo