Skip to main content

From day 4

The days seem to run together. I couldn’t connect to the internet yesterday. I hope we can get online today. It’s so relaxing here. I feel like we should leave the house, get out and see the sights. But I am sure I would be just as happy to just chill out by the pool, or on the terrace overlooking the Mediterranean. You can see by the photos it is beautiful, but photos some how fail to capture just how beautiful it really is. What a gift to just be here in this small piece of paradises. There is a small warm breeze blowing through the trees. The birds are chirping, and I can hear the children singing in the local elementary school that is near our house. Yesterday I heard the kids practicing the recorder. So sweet! We managed to drag Jessica out of the house yesterday. She wasn’t happy but it did her a world of good. In the evening she watched the movie Little Mermaid with all her siblings. All 5 of them sat on my bed watching the movie together. She wanted them there (she has never watched a movie with all of them). She kept trying to talk to them. She said kitty and bird. She kicked Juergen and I out of the room. This was a time with her brothers and sisters. I cried tears of joy. Jessica was reaching out to her brothers and sisters for the very first time in her life. And the also reached out to her. I’m not sure what we will try today. Maybe a small tour, and then an afternoon in the pool. Rick made us a really great stir fry last night. We all eat it up (even the vegetables). It was wonderful! He is now the company chief. The food here is not cheep. It pays to shop and cook food for yourselves. I wish I had a good coffee maker and a crock pot. Maybe the owner has a crock-pot. That would be perfect…an effortless warm dinner every night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo