Skip to main content

Healing



















I took Jessica to America to receive prayer for healing. She received prayer on many different occasions. First we went to the healing room in San Diego. This is a place where people can go to receive prayer and personal prophetic counseling. It is associated with Bethel church in Redding California (Bill Johnson’s church). Jessica was almost asleep when they called her to go in for prayer. I had to wake her up. She was not so cooperative. They had written a verse down before she came in. They knew nothing about Jessica or her need. The verse was, "God has not given you a spirit of fear, but a sound mind". They prayed a short prayer for her. It was not so dramatic. Then a few days later we were at the prayer breakfast with Reinhart Bonnke. Bonnke laid hands on Jessica and prayed for her healing. I felt a charge of electricity shoot through me. Jess was very calm and peaceful after this prayer. That same evening we went to see Todd Bentley (Lakeland Revival). In this service Todd Bentley did not pray for individuals, but asked us all to ask God for our own healing. At one point in the service my friends Donna and Cindy both got up and began praying for Jess. After about 10 minutes of prayer, I felt like the Holy Spirit said "yes". I felt like our prayer was heard, and I just began to thank God for the answer. Jessica still is not healed, but I feel God heard us! In Oregon my Mom drove us to the Vineyard Church in Albany. This church is experiencing a revival. As we drove up to the church, there was another car that also drove up. It was a worship leader named Dave. I asked if a pastor was there. There was no one else there so I asked him if he would pray for Jessica. He said, "It is the same Holy Spirit" and so he prayed for Jessica. Jessica seemed very calm after his prayer. My family also prayed for Jessica. My brother Rick called us from Washington and prayed a very moving prayer for her to be healed. Back in San Diego, we attended a small church called Cloud nine. It is a very charismatic church. They also prayed for Jessica. The pastor’s wife sang a word of prophecy over Jessica. It went something like “You are Gods child, and he has more for you, he has more for you”. It was a beautiful song. So here I am in Germany again. After all this prayer, Jessica is still not healed. I wonder if I should loose heart, or be discouraged. But I believe that God heals. I also believe that God hears us when we pray. The Bible says that God collects our tears in a cup of his remembrance. My prayers are not wasted...they are invested. I'm reading a new book by Bill Johnson called dreaming with God. In this book Bill Johnson says that God in trusts us with dreams. So my desire for Jessica to be healed may not just be my own personal desire...it may actually be a dream God himself has given me. I have a choice, I can give up on the dream, or I can continue to pursue it. Jessica is almost 17 years old. You would think I would just accept her autism, just go on with life. Somehow I just can not do this. I dream of her as being whole. It is a dream I hold on to. It is a dream I pray for. It is a dream I invest in. I'm sorry we did not get our answer in America, but I will not believe my prayers were in vain. They were just an investment. Someday I hope to see the fruit of that investment. I'm not giving up! I pray God just makes the dream more real. I’m asking for what is impossible…but with God nothing is impossible!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo