Skip to main content

A letter to Grandma and Grandpa on their 50Th


Here is a letter Jessica wrote for my parents. Jessica is 16 years old. She has autism. She can not talk, but as you can see she can think. Today is the 50Th wedding anniversary of my parents. I love you Mom and Dad! I hope you enjoy your party! Thank you very much Shelley, Dianna and Rick for all the work you have done for Mom and Dads party! I'm sure other people also helped with the party...and I thank all of those who helped make this day special! I'm sure it's going to be great!!!

Letter to Grandparents on their 50Th wedding anniversary

Dear wedding people,

I have heard that you almost 50 years now act with same name. Test of love you have passed. Cheerful fellowship and blessing of children has mesmerized your togetherness. You are dear to me and I wish you many happy moods.
Mama is your child, Daddy came along. Then the pampered grandchildren tumbled into life. Special fortune is the glorious family bond.
Right now I am in the youth hostel on a school trip with my class. Unfortunately it rains today but otherwise it is good.
Debating we pursue several distractions (=entertaining things). The mood is good and I am happy. I hardly give trouble to Frau Grimm (her caretaker). We live together in one room and understand each other incredibly well. Homework I did readily and waited for Frau Grimm to leave so I can listen to music in quiet. But she mostly says "yes" when I want to listen to music. A monuments breakfast buffet gives joy to everyone.

I wish you masses of happy feelings and retirement without worries. I wish you joy from the photos we will send and very good health. The old Jessica is doing good and greats you from the heart.

Your grandchild Jessica

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

chicken coop idea

Why not start with an IBC and cut a hole for the door? You could build closed laying boxes into it, and something for the chickens to roost on. Put some straw or saw dust on the floor. You could add vents to the side for air. If it sat inside a chicken run that you can walk into, the chickens could be safe, dry and happy. I have an extra IBC. Maybe this could be my chicken house? I bet I could even plant the outside of it with mud and grass for extra insulation and good looks.

Reading Kingdom

I am very happy to review the Reading Kingdom.   This is an online program that uses a variety of methods to teach reading.   I decided to share this product with my adopted granddaughter Ruth.   Reading kingdom uses a six skills integrative method Ruth only just began to use the program. She is only 3 years old and cannot use the program without help.   But her mom says that she can already recognize words like girl and kids when they are shown on the screen.   Sylvia wrote that she loves the repetition of the words in the program .   That Ruth is memorizing the words she sees.     She will be able to use it for an entire year.   But I expect her to become a very good reader.   And what a great gift to give to any child!   She will have a lifetime love for books.     Sylvia also works with teenage mothers in Uganda.   And many of these women have never attended school.   So she plans to use these ideas to help these young women learn to read. http://www.ReadingKingdom.com what

Taking at look at Hotels select

I have the chance to review Hotels select.   https://www.hotelsetc.com/ This is a really interesting travel club.   You pay a fee of about 200 dollars a year to use their very extensive site.   I got this membership free.   It has many deals of mostly hotels, but also rental cars, flights, restaurants and events around the world.   I have been spending days looking at what they offer.   So far what I’ve found is amazing deals on the places many people go.   For example, hotels in Orlando are 50% less than deals you find at booking.com.   Rental cars are often 25% cheaper than Rental cars.com.   And they have a search where you can book a condo for as little as 250 dollars a week just 1 mile from Disney world.   That is 7 nights for 250 dollars for up to 4 people.   The exact location on Airbnb cost 650 dollars a week. If you travel to places like San Diego, New York City and Las Vegas this site will save you a great deal of money.   If you rent cars you will also find it wo